Forge seem to be getting a bit of momentum these days. I get inquires about where to get help about Forge from various directions. It’s not always clear where to go to get help, is it? So here it is, I’m listing a few options to get help when you are developing with Forge API.
There are basically five options as far as I’m aware of. But not everything may apply to you; depending on the type of API and your subscription level, you may or may not be entitled to have an additional support channel:
- stackoverflow – popular forum among developers. Use with a forge tag. (See below if you don’t know how to use tags). Open to anybody.
- Forge Help e-mail – send e-mail to email@example.com. Open to anybody.
- BIM 360 API Forum – this is limited to BIM 360 API only. Open to anybody.
- Autodesk Developer Network or SFDC DevHelp Online – ADN member only site.
- Autodesk Customer Support – Enterprise Priority Support and Advanced Support subscribers are entitled to receive API support.